Thursday, October 05, 2006

VC capital EU:0 US:1...

In the last few days I have taken the very unusual (and quite often useless) method of pitching an idea to VC companies via email. It would normally never approach them this way but I had to raise a lot of money in a very short time (4-5 million in 3 days) if I did not want to miss an opportunity.
I learned a lot during these few days but something that really stood out is the difference in treatment received from US or EU based VC's.
Of all the US based VC's more than 60% replied to my email within 24 hours and of that at most replied within a few hours. Of the EU based ones I got loads of read recepts but 24 hours later none have replied yet. Not even a "thanks but no thanks" email.
This obviously says a lot about the differences in the market and the type of people that enter into the VC business on either side of the Atlantic.
I leave it to you to draw your conclusions.

E.

No comments:

Blog Archive