Saturday, July 29, 2006

The story so far...

During the last 12 months it has been a true rollercoaster ride. Since I was first approached and asked to become part of this venture I have met lots & lots of new people. Some were (or are) helpful while other were just trying to take me for a ride, I have researched, tested and reviewed lots of hardware and software designed for wireless networks and related services, I have approached complete strangers asking them to help me build this company and I have learned a lot about the pitfalls that can be encountered when trying to start-up a company like ours. I have also learned that the SEC will hunt you down and leave a severed horses head in your bed if you break their rules (hence I make sure that we are 100% compliant at ALL times). I have also discovered that there are a lot of companies operating in the WISP industry that are managed by people that have not got the faintest notion about the business or RF technology for that matter...

Apart from all that I have moved the family to Ireland and in doing so discovered that North Tipperary is a beautiful county populated by (mostly) friendly people. I have also established that I must have been temporary insanity that drve me to live outside of Ireland for three years...

No comments:

Blog Archive